Making a mirror with aluminum foil is a fun and simple DIY project that can be done at home. Here are the steps to make a basic aluminum foil mirror:
- Aluminum foil
- White glue
- A hard, flat surface
- A piece of cardboard or foam board
- A ruler
- Cut a piece of cardboard or foam board to the size you want for your mirror.
- Lay the cardboard or foam board flat on a hard, flat surface.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil that is larger than the cardboard or foam board by about 2 inches on each side.
- Smooth out the Mirror Aluminum Foil so that it is flat and without any creases or wrinkles.
- Apply a thin layer of white glue evenly to the front of the cardboard or foam board.
- Carefully place the aluminum foil on top of the glue, making sure that it covers the entire surface of the cardboard or foam board.
- Use a ruler and pencil to mark a line 2 inches from each edge of the cardboard or foam board.
- Cut along the lines with scissors, removing the excess aluminum foil.
- Smooth out the aluminum foil again to make sure it is flat and without any wrinkles or bubbles.
- Allow the glue to dry completely, which may take several hours or overnight.
- Once the glue is dry, your aluminum foil mirror is ready to use. Just be aware that it won't be as reflective as a store-bought mirror, but it will still provide a basic reflection.